Clare Medical Centre does not routinely bulk bill and payment in full is expected on the day.
Refunds from Medicare are available via:
Easyclaim the refund is deposited instantly into a cheque or savings account via an EFTPOS card with a PIN.
- Payments can be taken from any account but refunds can not be made to a Credit account.
Registered Account – the refund is deposited directly into the patient’s nominated account. Registration can be completed via forms available online or at our reception desk.
(*This option provides for refunds for any eligible service eg specialist, radiology etc, even if Easyclaim is not available at these practices.)
Please present your Medicare and any Concession cards when you attend your appointment.
The following exceptions apply whereby patients will be bulk billed – this is where the GP accepts the Medicare refund as whole payment for service instead of the full private fee.
- Children under 16 years will be bulk billed for standard consultations.
- Secondary School students, providing a current student ID card.
- DVA Gold Card holders will be bulk billed for all services. (DVA White card holders will pay as per their concession card eligibility – this is condition specific)
- Patients attending for preventative health care services related to chronic conditions. E.g. Chronic Disease Care Plans and Reviews
- Fastrack clinic appointments for repeat scripts or referrals applying to concession clients only. Private patients will pay a gap for a brief appointment equal to the concession gap for brief appointments.
Clare Medical Centre also provides an Outpatient Clinic service (on a roster system with Victoria Road Medical Centre) at Clare District Hospital. This is a Private Practice service and a higher fee is charged for these out of surgery consultations.
If an account remains unpaid after 90 days from the date of service, this will be referred to a debt collector and further appointments will not be booked until the account is cleared.